The end of 2017 and this entire month of January has been one of the most stressful times in my life. I broke my leg, my work situation has proven to be precarious and I decided to make a few life changes.
I wanted to provide a few quick self-care tips for anyone else who may be facing some difficult times.
1. Exercise- getting your blood pumping and your body moving can be exhilarating for the spirit and good for your health! Go for a run or complete a yoga session to clear your mind. Your mind, body, and spirit will thank you!
2. Food- Food has the power to boost moods and your energy. Chocolate is a personal favorite of mine. Who says you have to eat something healthy to be happy. Go ahead and indulge. Anything can be good in moderation.
3. Read or Write- Obviously writing is one of my coping mechanisms (it’s why I started this blog). Crack open your favorite book and lose yourself in between the lines.
4. Disconnect- There was a time in my life where I deleted my Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (totally went AWOL on social media). Sometimes removing yourself from the hustle and bustle of social media can allow your brain to re-calibrate and sort out your life more clearly. Social media can be helpful but also distracting so try to power down sometimes.
5. Sex- Yes, sex. Simple as that, it’ll clear the fog in your life, even if only for a short period in time.
6. Meditate- Meditating is super useful, it even helps relieve my headaches when they occur. Meditate on your problems and silence-out the world, you may find the answers you’ve been looking for.
These are just some of the self-care things that I use to keep my head above water during stressful times. Hopefully these help you too.
If you have any tips of your own be sure to tweet, comment or email me!